WE ARE LOOKING FOR A CAFÉ ALLROUNDER TO JOIN OUR TEAM ON A CASUAL BASIS
Why join Navy Canteens?
Navy Canteens is a non-profit company that operates Canteens on Royal Australian Navy Bases across Australia. We are passionate about and committed to our purpose – to deliver a dynamic range of welfare and lifestyle benefits and services to Royal Australian Navy members.
So, if you dream of working in a fun, customer focused workplace while supporting our military personnel this is the job for you.
The role is based at HMAS Albatross, Nowra Hill, New South Wales. The role is casual with rosters averaging 20 hours per week, including occasional weekend work.
Who You Are
You are someone who gets the job done and you enjoy working in a fast paced, customer focused food and beverage outlet delivering great customer service, again and again.
You understand how this type of business operates and can quickly learn the ropes. You can also recognise how to improve your day-to-day performance to the benefit of customers and the business.
You are calm and confident under pressure and know how to have fun and enjoy the work you do. You relate well to others and can work effectively in a team or independently.
What you’ll be doing
- Consistently creating excellent customer experiences
- Making great coffee
- Filling short order cooking orders
- Managing the safety and hygiene of your work site and the food you are handling
- Responding to customer queries, requests and concerns
- Supporting the Fleet Air Arm Museum by working in our retail outlet at the Museum
What you’ll bring with you
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role (preferably working in a high volume café, restaurant or fast food outlet)
- Highly developed face to face customer service and communication skills
- Barista, cooking and sandwich hand experience
- Excellent working knowledge of food handling & hygiene standards, including a current Food Safety Certificate
- Experience in the use of POS, EFTPOS and cash handling
- Reliability and ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently and remotely
- A high standard of grooming and presentation as this is a front of house role
- Ability to work early mornings and weekends, if required
You will be paid under the Hospitality Industry (General) Award 2010 at the rate for a Level 2 Food & Beverage Attendant Grade 2.
For more information about the position please email your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to security requirements, you will need to be an Australian Citizen.