No trip to the Sunshine Coast is complete without visiting Underwater World SEA LIFE Mooloolaba!
Situated at Mooloolaba Wharf, just moments from the main Esplanade, UnderWater World is home to thousands of animals, including sharks, seals, turtles, stingrays, otters, sawfish, tropical fish and much, much more.
Family Days Out on the Sunshine Coast
As one of the Sunshine Coast’s leading family and tourist attractions, SEA LIFE Mooloolaba offers entertainment for young and old alike. Walk underwater through the glass viewing tunnel and see Australia’s marine life like never before! Come within inches of huge sharks, rays and turtles and see some of the remarkable marine and freshwater animals that Australia is famous for.
SHARK DIVE Xtreme
Shark Dive Xtreme is the opportunity of a lifetime to come face to face with over 8 species of Sharks, Stingrays and hundreds of fish!
SCUBA training is provided so that you can delve into the underwater habitat of our deep sea-friends, with no experience necessary.
– SCUBA training is provided so that you can delve into the underwater habitat of our deep-sea friends, with no experience necessary whilst your friends and family watch from our underwater viewing tunnel.
– Your package includes all dive equipment and training, 1.5 hour experience, entry to SEA LIFE Mooloolaba for the day and optional photograph and T-Shirt purchase.
– The experience will last for 1 hour and 30 minutes, consisting of briefings / in water training and 30 minutes in the water.
– And the best bit? No SCUBA Diving experience is required! Simply select the ‘Non Certified’ dive when booking if you don’t have a diving qualification.
We’ve put together a range of seal experiences which help guests really get to know our resident seals.
During these experiences, participants will get to look behind the scenes here at SEA LIFE Mooloolaba to see how our seals and trainers prepare for the daily seal shows, as well as get an understanding about what it takes to care for these incredible animals.
Why not delve in the deep end with one of our playful seals and get up close and personal in your very own seal swim experience.
– Meet our beautiful resident seals one-on-one
– Have your photograph taken on the jetty with one of our seals (photograph included in the cost)
– A behind the scenes tour of seal island
– Swim session with the seals
Come and see how gorgeous they are close up! You can touch their fur and shake flippers to ‘seal’ the friendship. Check out the behind the scenes area where they live and where all their fishy food is prepared. We will even take photos of you with the seals so you can remember your time together.
Become a Seal Trainer for a Day!
During this 5 hour hands on experience you will become part of the SEA LIFE Mooloolaba Marine Mammal Team and gain access to different behind the scenes areas plus participate in our seal show!
Your day will kick off with a tour of the Seal Island behind the scenes area; receive a personalised welcome from the presenter of the Seal Show, followed by a Seal Encounter experience.
After lunch you will take part in the Seal Show by helping to feed our seals, before journeying to Otter Empire to prepare the otters for their show. Then it will be time to take the plunge and join in the fun of our Seal Swim program.
You will even receive a t-shirt, photobook and certificate to remember your time at UnderWater World.