Regional Commanders Dine with Navy Canteens
RAN and Regional Commanders and Staff Officers from across the Asia-Pacific met in Darwin last week (13 September) for the inaugural Regional Commanders’ Conference to discuss maritime security and interoperability in the Asia-Pacific.
Navy Canteens Executive Chef Martin Hieber prepared a ‘Darwin Experience’ menu for the 60 guests. The BBQ lunch showcased local cuisines including lemon myrtle crusted crocodile, marinated kangaroo, barramundi kebabs and grilled Australian lamb which was accompanied by freshly baked crusty damper. The menu also included a selection of Halal options to specifically cater for guests’ religious requirements. The dessert buffet continued the Australian flavours with individual pavlovas and fresh lamingtons.
Fleet Commander Rear Admiral Stuart Mayer CSC* who hosted his counterparts in Darwin said “the support provided to the event was greatly appreciated and impressed Commands from 17 regional Navies in attendance”.
Navy Canteens operates for the benefit of the Navy family and welcomes you to contact Functions Manager Christine Forsyth to arrange catering for your next meeting or function by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Darwin Experience BBQ Lunch
- Lemon Myrtle Crusted Crocodile on a fresh Cucumber and Radish Salad
- Marinated Kangaroo served with a Macadamia Nut Dukkah Cous Cous Salad
- Grilled Australian Lamb Tenderloins on a Bush Tomato Relish and Panache of Rice
- Top End BBQ Barramundi Kebabs with local Pineapple and Capsicum served on a Lychee and Finger Lime Salsa
- Stir fried vegetables and steamed Cinnamon Myrtle Rice
- Selection of Salads – Beetroot and Creamy Australian Fetta, Bush Potato Salad with Mint and Quandong Seasoning and Bush Tucker Coleslaw with Tropical Dressing
- Fresh Baked Traditional Damper with creamy unsalted butter complimented by an array of condiments and dips including Hummus, Baba Ganoush, Tzatziki and Beetroot Dip
- Dessert Buffet – Individual Pavlova, Lamington with Fresh Whipped Cream and Fresh Tropical Fruit Platters with Selection of Mini Cakes